Thursday, May 12, 2011

We Don't Serve Teens

To show parents' perspective on the legal consequences of underage drinking, they showed a survey of over 1,000 adults. The results consist of, 96% of adults and parents don't believe it is acceptable for parents or other adults to provide beverage alcohol to minors.

Survey respondents said if they learned another parent or adult providing alcohol to their son or daughter without their permission, they would consider taking action against the other parent, or their child. Some of these actions include:

  • Speaking with my child about the dangers and consequences of underage drinking (93%)
  • Call that adult and express my objections/feelings/opinions (86%)
  • Restrict my child's time at that family's house (80%)
  • Limit my child's relationship with that family (76%)
  • Notify other parents (74%)
  • Punish my own child (69%)
Other incidents adults would report is calling the police (44%), reporting the incident to the school (40%), and taking legal action, such as file charges, sue them, etc. (34%).

1 comment:

  1. Its wrong for partents to serve alcohol to their kids, but it i had my own kids i would probably serve them alchol and be open to them about it rather than them doing it behind my back.

    ReplyDelete